If, while interviewing for a certain new position, I’m asked what I’ve been doing this summer, I’ve made a crib sheet:
Life Lessons Accumulated from Studying Online Mahjong
- Hesitation is brutal.
- Sometimes it’s best not to worry so much.
- As soon as you think you’ve got it, the game changes. Fuckers.
- Sometimes things seem more difficult than they are.
- Even the easiest task deserves the same attention as the most difficult…you might be surprised.
- Before you know it, time’s run out.
- It’s more fun if you’re well-prepared.
- No one’s keeping count but you.
- Look for repeat history to help you move forward; likewise, learn from your mistakes.
- Sometimes you have it say, “Screw it; it’s just a game.”